THE 6TH IASPEI / IAEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM:
THE EFFECTS OF SURFACE GEOLOGY ON SEISMIC MOTION
AUGUST 2021, KYOTO, JAPAN
IMPORTANT NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
August 20th, 2021
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the ESG6 Symposium Organizing Committee has decided to hold the ESG6 symposium in a fully online format. The on- site venue will be canceled. We apologize for the inconvenience and we would appreciate your cooperation for the ESG6 symposium.
April 26th, 2021
Due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, the ESG6 Symposium Organizing Committee has reconstructed the style of the ESG6 symposium. The ESG6 symposium will be held online from August 30th to September 1st. At the same time, the on-site venue for discussions in-person may be set up depending on the conditions of the spread of COVID-19. In any case, the evening reception and excursion will not be held. The web page for online registration will be opened soon. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to these changes and we would appreciate your cooperation for the ESG6 symposium.
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, on-site participation will be canceled.
Notice for on-site participants ONLY PRE-REGISTERED PERSONS CAN ENTER THE VENUE. If you are not feeling well, DO NOT COME TO THE VENUE. If there is a person infected with COVID-19 in your vicinity, DO NOT COME TO THE VENUE. Check your body temperature at the entrance of the venue. Wear a mask inside the venue. Disinfect your h/ands frequently with alcohol sanitizer that will be set up in the venue. Consider physical distance when discussing with other participants and avoid getting crowded. On your way to and from the venue, avoid unnecessary dinners and sightseeing. If you become infected with COVID-19 within 2 weeks of your on-site participation, notify the ESG6 Organizing Committee. Please be aware of the possibility of a sudden change in the conditions of on-site participation due to the situation regarding the spread of COVID-19.
- The program is now available!
- Registration form
- Registration deadline for presenters is 20th July .
Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend on-site is 20th July.
- Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend online only is 23th August.
- Presentations by participants who do not register will be cancelled.
- USB flash memory with extended abstracts will be shipped for all presenters and non-presenters after individual registrations are received.
- If you need to pay by bank transfer, please send an email to ESG6 REGISTRATION DESK.
参加費について銀行振込みによるお支払いをご希望の方は，ESG6 REGISTRATION DESKまでメールにてご連絡ください
- Symposium will be held online. Further information will be updated soon.
- The web page for online registration will be opened soon.
- There will be no on-site registration.
- Deadline for extended abstract submission is extended !
The new deadline for extended abstract submission is March 1st, 2021.
- Extended abstract submission is now open!
- Call for abstracts is now resumed.
The deadline for NEW abstract submission: October 31th, 2020
- Abstract submission is extended!
The new deadline of abstract submission is 6 January, 2020.
- The deadline of submission of results of Step 1 of the Blind Prediction
exercise and related abstract submission has been extended to 6 January,
Further information will be updated soon (see Blind Prediction).
- Abstract submission is
The deadline of abstract submission is December 6th, 2019.
- 2nd Circular is available (See Announcement)
Update for the Blind Prediction exercise(see Blind Prediction)
- Call for Blind Prediction for Japanese participants (see Blind Prediction)
- Call for Blind Prediction participation (see Blind Prediction)
- 1st Circular is available (See Announcement)
Progress of ESG research during the last three decades:How accurately can we predict site amplification?
- Blind Prediction Related to the 2016 Kumamoto earthquake.(see Blind Prediction)
Please check here.
- Achievements from two decades of observation by K-NET/KiK-net
- Recent Damaging Earthquakes
- Geophysical Exploration
- Numerical Simulation
- Ground Motion Simulation/Near Field Strong Motion
- Strong Motion Observations/ Spatial Variation/ Uncertainty
- Borehole Array Observation/ Nonlinear Analysis
- Seismic Hazard/ GMPE
- New Horizon Issues on ESG/SMP
Co-organized by Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ) (日本建築学会)
Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) (土木学会)
Japan Society of Engineering Geology (JSEG) (日本応用地質学会)
Seismological Society of Japan (SSJ) (日本地震学会)
The Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ) （物理探査学会）
The Japanese Geotechnical Society (JGS) (地盤工学会)