THE 6TH IASPEI / IAEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM: THE EFFECTS OF SURFACE GEOLOGY ON SEISMIC MOTION
On behalf of the Joint Working Group of the Effect of Surface Geology on Seismic Motion supported by both IASPEI and IAEE, we are very pleased to announce that the 6th International Symposium on the Effects of Surface Geology on Seismic Motion (ESG6) will be held on August 2021 in Kyoto, Japan. As a convention from previous symposiums we will focus our attention on all the issues of site effects on ground motions, together with the issues related to quantitative prediction of ground motions reflecting those effects.
|29 January 2019||Announcement of the first circular
Call for blind prediction participation (See details here)
|1 July 2019||Announcement of the second circular|
|1 September 2019||Call for abstracts|
|1 October 2019||Exhibition registration open|
|31 October 2020||New deadline for abstracts|
|1 March 2021||Deadline for extended abstracts|
|Middle of May||Online registration opens|
|20th July||Registration deadline for presenters|
|20th July||Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend on-site|
|23th August||Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend online only|
|30 August 2021 - 1 September 2021||ESG6|
Keynote speeches and Invited lectures
State of the Art of ESG and recent achievements
SS1: Blind prediction related to the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake
SS2: Achievements from two decades of observation by K-NET/KiK-net
General sessions (Poster with short oral presentation)
- Recent damaging earthquakes
- Geophysical exploration
- Ground motion simulation/ Near-fault strong motions
- Site amplification/ Spatial variation/ Uncertainty
- Borehole array observation and analysis
- Nonlinear soil response
- Seismic hazards/ GMPE
- Other related issues on ESG/SMP
(Online registration will open soon.)
|Presenter / Regular||JPY 40,000|
|Presenter / Student||JPY 15,000|
|Non Presenter / Regular||JPY 30,000|
|Non Presenter / Student||JPY 12,000|
- ESG6 conference fees will include a USB of proceedings (to be sent later).
2）Type of participation
On-site participation on August 30, online participation on August 31 - September 1.
Online participation for all dates.
- If you live overseas, please participate online for all dates, as travel is currently restricted due to Covid-19.
- Depending on the status of Covid-19, the entire schedule may be in a fully online format.
- Registration deadline for presenters is 20th July .
- Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend on-site is 20th July.
- Registration deadline for non-presenters who plan to attend online only is 23th August.
Exhibition and Sponsoring
-Company logo on the ESG6 website
- Company logo appearance on the ESG6 website
Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering
Co-organized by Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
| Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ)
Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE)
Japan Society of Engineering Geology (JSEG)
Seismological Society of Japan (SSJ)
The Japanese Geotechnical Society (JGS)
The Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ)